What is the Gospel Message?
In episode 6 of Engage Your World, we discuss the question, “What is the Gospel Message?” In the previous episode, we focused on the context of the Gospel and asking “Why do we need the Gospel?”
Unfortunately, we often over-complicate the simple Gospel and add a lot of terminology that can leave our hearer confused. The Engage 360 team believes that the first step to successfully sharing your faith is to clear away the clutter. We must know how to give the simple Gospel message. Once we are clear on the simple Gospel, we can learn how to better present it to different people and in different contexts.
What is interesting, is that the core Gospel message involves layers of evidence.
- The death and resurrection of the Christ was prophesied in Old Testament scripture.
- The burial is evidence Jesus truly died.
- The appearances are proof that Jesus rose from the dead.
Our faith is not based on wishful thinking, it is based on a series of very public events.
- A great Bible passage that summarizes what is the Gospel message can be found in 1 Corinthians 15.
- Check out our blog on the Gospel https://www.e360m.org/what-is-the-gospel-in-a-nutshell/
- If you live near Boone, NC or Bangor, Maine check out our upcoming events where you can join us in evangelistic outreach on a university campus https://www.e360m.org/boone/ and https://www.e360m.org/orono
Pssst…in the show notes you forgot to add the resurrection as one of the main points. 🙂 Great episode!
I was thinking that the resurrection need to have it’s own point but I see how you are emphasizing the “three lines of evidence” so you could add the resurrection to point one.